If we are about to be the parents of a girl, it will be time to think about what to call her. and among so many Girl’s names that we find on the internet, there are some that stand out for their beautiful meaning. These are the names of the mayan goddesses, which have a strong relationship with the history of our country. Therefore, we believe that choosing a name and putting it on our baby it is a very good decision.
The Mayan civilization is one of the most recognized cultures nationally and internationally, not only for its historical contribution, but for all the mysteries that surround this group. The mayan goddesses They represent a symbol for Mexico, as well as for neighboring countries. That is why throughout history the deities have been studied and what is behind their names has been discovered.
According to historians, the Maya worshiped around 150 to 250 gods, some of which were of very ancient Mesoamerican origins, while others were born in the post-classic period. While a curious fact is that the Mayans did not give most of their gods pious characteristics, in reality their deities were described as supernatural, who, even being powerful, could be deceived and even killed by cunning mortals. Therefore, there are more than enough reasons to choose Girl’s names according to the names of the mayan goddesses.
5 girl names originating from Mayan goddesses
- Alitzel: means smiling girl.
- Itzamara: she was the goddess of the stars according to Mayan legends, so this name means star.
- Ixchel: is the Mayan goddess of love, the moon, pregnancy and medicine. This name means blond woman.
- Nicté: is the name of the goddess of snakes. Her representation is under the figure of a woman and she holds a snake in each hand. She is related to fertility and life.
- Yatziri: means dew flower. Its other variant is Yatziry.