The forecasts already warned that Top Gun: Maverick would be Tom Cruise’s best premiere, but the figures are impressive.
In just a few days in theaters, the film Top Gun: Maverick It has already grossed more than $260 million worldwide. A brutal amount of money that exceeds all predictions. So from now on, we’ll just have to see if word of mouth works and people keep flocking to see Tom Cruise flying planes, or if the effect fades.
To check the magnitude of the success of Top Gun: Maverick of Joseph Kosinskiwe can compare the collection obtained in USA in its opening weekend and the worldwide total of other films from Tom Cruise:
- Top Gun: Maverick (2022): First weekend: 124 million – Total: 260 million (so far)
- War of the Worlds (2005): First weekend: 64 million – Total: 603 million
- Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018): First weekend: 61 million – Total: 791 million
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (2015): First weekend: 55 million – Total: 682 million
- The Mummy (2017): First weekend: 31 million – Total: 409 million
- jack reacher (2012): First weekend: 15 million – Total: 218 million
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016): First weekend: 22 million – Total: 162 million
- oblivion (2013): First weekend: 37 million – Total: 286 million
- edge of tomorrow (2014): First weekend: 28 million – Total: 370 million
So if we follow the trend and path of the previous films of Tom Cruisethe total collection of Top Gun: Maverick should far exceed 1,200 million, a brutal figure within the reach of very few films. Especially in post-pandemic times.
Is the movie that good?
Top Gun: Maverick goes beyond a simple block buster, since it is shot with practical effects in an impressive way. So seeing it in the cinema is really worth it since it is very immersive. Especially because you live what happens to the characters who are on the planes. Also, Tom Cruise She plays one of the best roles in recent years, so she has all the incentives for people to go en masse to see her and exceed the number we have anticipated. Here we leave our review.