Queen Elizabeth II made history as the longest-reigning British monarch when she marked the 70th anniversary of her accession to the throne on February 6, 2022. To celebrate her decades of service to the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth, a Jubilee celebration of Unprecedented Platinum kicked off on Thursday, June 2 and will run through Sunday, June 5.
First came the Trooping the Color ceremony with horses, an annual event on the agenda of the British monarchy for 260 years. In addition, it is known as the celebration of the second birthday of Queen Elizabeth II and this year is even more special in the framework of the Platinum Jubilee.
After the ceremony, Queen Elizabeth II, 96, joined her family members on the balcony of Buckingham Palace as 70 planes flew over the City of Westminster. During a four-day holiday weekend, thousands of street parties are planned across the country. This is how the British Queen’s Jubilee has been experienced so far.
1. Queen Elizabeth II from the balcony of Buckingham Palace after Trooping the Color
2. A crowd on The Mall waiting for the royal family to appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.
3. The royal family on the balcony of Buckingham Palace
From left to right, Camilla of Cornwall, Prince Charles, Queen Elizabeth II, Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Louis, Princess Charlotte, Prince George and Prince William.
4. Tents where royal superfans camp out to witness the celebrations up close
5. Members of the Household Division during Trooping the Color
6. Prince George, Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte watch the Trooping the Color ceremony
7. Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Kent from the balcony of Buckingham Palace after Trooping the Color
8. The Honorable Artillery Company fires the Royal Gun Salute on Tower Bridge
9. The Royal Guard during the Trooping the Color parade
10. Princess Anne, in her role as Colonel of the Blues and Royals during Trooping the Color
11. Prince Charles in his role as Colonel of the Welsh Guards
12. Camilla of Cornwall and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge take a carriage ride during the Trooping the Color
13. A packed crowd on The Mall before a flight over Buckingham Palace
14. Red Arrows perform a flight after the Trooping the Color ceremony
15. Prince Louis, covering his ears with his hands while flying over the planes
16. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend the Service of Thanksgiving for the reign of Elizabeth II at St. Paul’s Cathedral
17. Prince Charles and Camilla of Cornwall lead the royal exits from St Paul’s Cathedral
18. Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge after attending the Thanksgiving Service
19. UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson during the Thanksgiving Service
20. Honor Guard outside St. Paul’s Cathedral before the Thanksgiving Service
21. Queen Elizabeth II attends a ceremony to start the lighting of the main beacon outside Buckingham Palace
22. Queen Elizabeth II touches the Commonwealth Globe of Nations
23. Beacon Lighting celebration outside Buckingham Palace