Sometimes we want to get out of the house and enjoy a tasty brunch, but our mind goes blank when choosing a (new) place. If you are one of those who needs a good feast at the weekend but does not know where to go, here is five places from Barcelona where to enjoy the Sunday plan and overcome the hangover with a full stomach.
On the Raval map we find this place where the Fortuny Winery used to be. It is a minimalist and good vibes place where you can enjoy brunch every day of the week (and not just on Sundays). With a varied menu with international touches, each of its proposals is prepared with local products.
- Where: Carrer de Pintor Fortuny, 31.
- Recommendations: we are big fans of the poached eggs with miso roasted pumpkin.
Roast Club Cafe
If you are one of those who drinks coffee 24/7 -regardless of the time- and enjoys its intense flavor, here is a perfect place to taste it. Roast Club Café amazes us with its wonderful menu, its assortment of coffees and its sweet proposals.
- Where: Valencia street, 190.
- Recommendations: For all those who want to be among the first to try new things, Labneh toast is a good choice. It is made with zaatar, tender aubergines, roasted pumpkin and fresh parsley from the garden, a fusion of flavors that will not leave anyone indifferent.
With three locations in Barcelona, our favorite is Billy Brunch & Garden. With a wonderful hidden garden, this place captivates for its good vibes. In addition, your staff is the most pleasant.
- Where: Muntaner street, 64.
- Recommendations: our favorite dish, without a doubt, is the Chakchuka. It is about two eggs poached in a pan with tomatoes, peppers, onion and spices, with a complement of bread… Simply delicious. In addition, its fresh orange juice with ginger becomes the best companion.
With a complete menu of dishes for all tastes, this little oasis in the heart of Poble Sec becomes one of the best places to regain strength and energy. We adore many of their artisan bagels, toasties, as well as the homemade sweets.
- Where: Carrer Lleida, 21.
- Recommendations: If you are undecided and don’t know which dish to choose, we recommend eggs Benedict (they are always a good option).
The potato is one of those places that catch from the first contact. With a minimalist but spectacular decoration, its menu full of healthy dishes could create a great dilemma for you, since everything is delicious. Plus, they prove that healthy food can be surprisingly delicious. From sweets to savory dishes, queues form in the street at rush hour.
- Where: Carrer d’Aribau, 92.
- Recommendations: although the mushroom toast is all the rage and sensation (and no wonder, it’s delicious), personally I prefer the avocado toast. Far from being a simple avocado toast, the fusion of flavors and textures make this dish an experience for all five senses.
Photos | Brett Stone, Instagram @caravelle31, @roastclubcafe, @billybrunch, @secbrunch, @lapapabarcelona
In Jared | The 15 best trendy pastry shops that you should not miss in Madrid