You get to an age where meeting someone can get really complicated. Very much. Especially if you have already had previous relationships that have not finished settling and you persist in continuing with that of the “ground hogging”.
Tinder dates and casual encounters in a bar are piling up like in the old days, that practice that has become fashionable again (thank you generation Z for not having rescued from the past only the low rise pants). But the time has come to start getting to know each other and it may be more and more difficult for you to bring up topics of conversation. And that’s where we come in.
We are going to give you the master key to meet another person with these 101 interesting questions to get to know someone betterbe it a new friend, your partner or a Tinder date.
How to ask to get to know someone better
You can take it as a game, but the first thing you have to think about is that the key to asking questions is not to ask about their favorite color (which is also), but to ask questions focused on their values to find out how much you have in common. Starting with more superficial questions and then moving on to deeper questions is a good idea to warm up little by little, practicing the slow dating.
Asking simple, open-ended questions, and not asking something you wouldn’t even want to answer, is important. Make sure that the questions are not boring and avoid the most basic ones that your interlocutor has already been able to answer in a million previous meetings.
The best questions to meet someone
let’s start with questions to meet someone new to help us take a picture of who we have in front of us. Asking about their likes and dislikes is a way of digging into something personal without being intrusive. But we can also ask about their family and friends and their relationship with them, about more transcendental issues or about the personal history and personality of the person in front of us.
Questions about tastes that we can ask someone we have just met
- What do you like to do to disconnect on vacation?
- What country would you travel to tomorrow if you were given a free trip?
- If you could only take three things to a deserted island, what would you choose?
- Beach or mountain?
- What is the city or country that has impacted you the most while traveling?
- What is your favorite food and where is the best place where you have eaten it?
- Wine or beer?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Do you like to cook?
- What is your star dish?
- Are you more sweet or salty?
- Do you have the same breakfast every day?
- Tortilla, with or without onion?
- What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
- What is the last movie you have watched?
- Would you recommend a series? Which?
- What do you think is the best movie of all time?
- What is the best book you have read this year?
- If you had to choose the best concert you’ve attended, what would it be?
- Do you prefer to be hot or cold?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- Do you have any phobia?
- Do you believe in the horoscope?
- Believe in God?
- What is your favorite emoji and the one you use the most?
- What is it that always makes you laugh?
- Do you get up early or do you prefer to stay up late?
- What is the song that always brightens your day?
- What would you like to sing in a karaoke?
- What song can’t you listen to without shedding a tear?
- How do you like to spend your free time?
- Are you more of dogs or cats?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- And the one you liked the least?
- Is there a piece of clothing that you would never wear?
- What is the garment that yes or yes you have to have in the closet?
- Where would you like to live if not in this city?
- What is your favorite word?
- What is fatal to you?
- What is your biggest talent?
- You like sports?
- What is your favorite sport?
- I love it the ceramicWhat hobby makes you happy?
Deep questions to get to know someone better
- What’s at the top of your wish list?
- Do you regret not having done something in life?
- What are you most grateful for?
- How would your perfect day be?
- What change in society do you think would make us better?
- What has been the most beautiful life lesson you have received from another person?
- Would you trade your life for someone you know?
- Would you like to change jobs?
- Is there anything that makes you especially nervous?
- What scared you the most as a child?
- If you could go clubbing with any historical figure, who would it be?
- Do you think there is something after death?
- Would you like to know extraterrestrial life?
- What would you do tomorrow if you won a million euros today?
- What would you like to learn right now if you had the opportunity to do it like in the Matrix?
- What is your definition of good and evil?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What is your philosophy of life?
- What meaning does life have for you?
- If you had a crystal ball that only predicted one thing about your future, what would you want to know?
- What question do you want people to ask you?
- If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
- If you could travel back in time to change one thing in your life, what would it be?
- What great invention would you like to see before you die?
- If reincarnation existed, what would you reincarnate as?
- What would you like them to say about you at your funeral?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- What makes you cry the most?
- Have you ever made a decision that changed your life?
- What has been the happiest day of your life?
- What is the best thing that happened to you today?
- What three wishes would you ask the genie of the lamp?
- If you could travel in time, would you go to the past or the future?
Questions about family, relationships and friends to get to know someone better
- Who is the most important person in your life?
- How many close friends do you have?
- Have you ever “broken up” with a friend or friend?
- Do you believe in soul mates?
- What is the best advice a family member has given you?
- How did your parents meet?
- How is your relationship with your family?
- Do you have brothers or sisters?
- How are you in love?
- What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
- What has been your longest relationship?
- Do you get along with your ex-partners?
- Have you ever been unfaithful?
- Would you forgive an infidelity?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Would you like to have children?
- What do you value most in a partner?
- What is the craziest thing you have done for love?
- Why did your last relationship end?
- Do you prefer sporadic relationships or long and stable ones?
- How would you define yourself using only three words?
- What do you like the most about yourself?
- What would you like to change about yourself?
- What is your greatest achievement in life?
Photos | Priscilla DuPreez, Jonathan J. Castellón, Matt W. Newman and Tony Mucci in Unsplash
In Jared | How to recognize a misogynist: 18 keys that will help you detect it