The premiere of Obi-Wan Kenobi has caused a wave of hate. Star Wars is now dealing with a serious boycott trying to end the series.
Obi-Wan Kenobi arrived last wednesday Disney+. The new series of starwars opened with an audience score of 71 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. However, those figures have quickly sunk in just seven days. Now the show has a fan rating of just 57 percent. It is not a coincidence this drop in score after the controversy centered on racism and the figure of Moses Ingramactress who plays Reva in the galactic saga. Meanwhile, the score of the specialized media, from critics, has remained as positive as the first day: 87 percent.
This is not the first time that Star Wars has had to deal with what has been called “review-bombing”. In fact, Disney is unfortunately used to this vulgar practice of Internet behavior that has suffered Obi-Wan Kenobi. Without going further, moon knight received very negative reviews on IMDb due to what happened with the Armenian Genocide at its premiere. Secondly, Marvel Studios already dealt with the “consequences” of intransigence and homophobia when they “review-bombed” Eternals. The reason? A kiss between two men in the film. A fucking kiss. Nothing more.
The opinions of some “fans” about the series… and especially Reva
Here are some examples of the negative reviews it has received Obi-Wan Kenobi since its premiere. You will see that they are opinions biased by an opinion that has nothing to do with Star Wars or the series:
- Josh: “Not to worry, it’s more of the same as the sequels. A real garbage fire.
- SS: “Trash! What a way to destroy a legendary character.
- Bob: “Disney’s recipe for success is: 1. Focus on child actors 2. Unsavory cast who can’t act 3. Lazy script and bad action scenes 4. Childish dialogue 5. Fan service. The only positive thing about Obi-Wan Kenobi is that he is very short, thank goodness. Let’s get over this and forget it, like all recent Star Wars productions.”
- Vulgaris: “I’ve seen the first three episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi. In the first, the Jedi does nothing. He just looks scared. In the second, the Jedi Master meets little Leia and is still scared. In the third, he runs away scared from Darth Vader. That is all. Then there’s the Third Sister, the most useless villain in the entire Star Wars universe. Even worse than Snoke. She acts like a brat, she has no background to speak of, she has no purpose, she’s poorly written and worse acted. Obviously, everyone knows that Disney is pushing the ‘agenda’ with this character, but no one dares to talk about it. I hope that she becomes somewhat more digestible in the fourth episode ».
- Scott: “The series is called Obi-Wan Kenobi, not Reva the Third Sister. Reva has had more screen time than the real lead on this show. Also, the amount of ‘until a woman is in charge or does it the right way’ is getting very stale for this misunderstood Disney crap. Ewan McGregor is the only thing saving this slop. Darth Vader is fine in the third episode, but Reva trying to take control is a stupid and unnecessary plot. It’s garbage. Also, what is Kathleen Kennedy still doing in charge of Star Wars after the flops? Why?”
- Tom: “It’s interesting to see how Star Wars fans defend the show by pointing out the bad reviews as a scam, instead of exposing the positive points of Obi-Wan Kenobi. The script is weak, the villain doesn’t exist and is played by a bad actress, Leia is written in a way where she seems unrealistic and annoying instead of strong and independent. In general, the distribution is quite weak. Only Ewan McGregor shines, but sometimes even he can’t make the script work. The constant chases are stupid and pathetic. This series definitely feels like a kids’ show rather than a decent Star Wars story. It looks painfully like the sequels.”