In the big cities of the country, more and more couples seek to be together and the reality is that real estate options are becoming more and more complicated and having clear agreements is essential to achieve a healthy coexistence.
For this 2023 the collaborative economy of the home is increasingly present and it is evident when one lives as a couple, so talking about the administration of the house, who is in charge of what expenses or if everything will be distributed equitably, added to that the location of the home must be functional for both.
“Choosing the area is extremely important, there you can allocate a little more than the usual budget if the department is close to your workplace; Or if both are in the home office, validate that the characteristics adapt to their rhythm of life. Based on this choice, tenants can save between 15-30% per month or gain in square footage of the home”, recommended Melisa Gaitán, Sales Ops Director at Homie.mx, a platform to rent a property without endorsement in Mexico.
To have a healthy agreement to rent as a couple, the specialist presents these tips to take to share a common home:
- Budget. This implies adding all the household income, the rental payment must not exceed 30% of the maximum total, and having savings in transportation and other factors it can reach 45%.
- Zone. The concept of “Central” is not necessarily an urban geographical location, it depends a lot on the mobility needs, interests and services in the area. Although the alternative of having a larger home, but located in a more remote place, everything is subject to the interests of the family.
- financial responsibilities. It is common for couples to divide expenses, according to the experience collected by Homie.mx, it is best to divide the cost of the lease, including maintenance in equal parts, the payment of services and food, having it discussed or under an understanding between the two.
- Condition the space little by little. The fact that you have healthy finances is the most important thing to be able to solve any inconvenience and remember that over-indebtedness can be one of the worst enemies.
- Living in fashionable areas costs like this. Being in the polygons where there is more activity or that has a more chic it raises the cost of housing between 15 and 35% Although remember that there are always more options for a better quality of life than common places.
- The home office resource today is worth a lot. If they are in a situation where they can work from home, it is worth choosing a less “central” location, but with more usable area, even with access to a garden, keep in mind that you will be at home much longer.