The fridge is he appliance most necessary and useful that we can have at home. It is that with the refrigerator we can keep food in good condition and then consume it. However, the benefit is offset by the electricity bill, since the refrigerator consumes a large amount of electricity. electricity (approximately 20% of the total for the entire household). Consequently, to reduce your consumption by 30% and save money, we suggest you implement an infallible trick.
We all know that when buying this appliance, it is important to look at the electrical efficiency labeling. It is best to look for one with an A+, A++ or A+++ energy efficiency. This means that, although in principle they are more expensive, their operation is much better, they make their electricity consumption less and the environmental impact is also considerably reduced.
However, this is not all. It is that to considerably reduce the electricity who consumes the fridge it will be necessary to develop an infallible technique: to have the artifact organized. The explanation is that having an orderly refrigerator is essential so that each food receives the cold it needs and is conserved efficiently. It is important that food is placed in its proper place.
How to save electricity with the fridge and pay less on the electricity bill?
To improve the performance of the appliance we will have to respect their places and order the food in each of them:
- At the door. It is the least cold zone of the fridge (receives much more contact with the hot air from outside). It is ideal for foods that need to be kept less cold, such as eggs, sauces, juices, wine or jams.
- On top. Products already open will be placed that do not need to be kept very cold and do not lose their properties, such as cold tomatoes or sausages.
- In the middle part. Dairy products such as cheese and yogurt, open products and leftovers from previous days should be put, all in hermetic or glass packages.
- In the lower part. It is the coldest part of the fridge. Here are perishable products such as meat and fish. Most refrigerators incorporate a special box to protect these foods from the hot air outside when you open the door of the refrigerator. fridge.
- In the drawers. Store fruits and vegetables that need to be refrigerated in them, except fruits of tropical origin, onions and garlic.