16. Checo Pérez’s first car was a Chevy, inherited from his older brothers Paola and Antonio; he hit you for reckless driving.
17. The musical genre that you listen to the most is pop.
18. In 2016, the man from Guadalajara confessed to Formula 1 that he is afraid of snakes.
19. Street circuits and night races always favor the Mexican driver.
20. Checo enjoys other sports such as golf and soccer.
21. His favorite soccer club is América.
22. The main brands that sponsor the Mexican pilot are Telmex, Telcel and Puma.
23. Checo Pérez confessed that if he had not been a professional pilot he would have liked to be a lawyer or a soccer player.
24. El Guadalajara has two documentaries: “Checo Never Give Up”, produced by Claro Sports, and “Checo”, from the Star+ streaming platform.
25. Checo was the fourth highest paid driver in Formula 1 in 2022 with 26 million dollars.
26. When he arrived in Germany he lived in a restaurant and had a local cook as a roomie.
27. The first app that Checo reviews in the day is CNBC’s to monitor their investments in the stock market.
28. The man from Guadalajara travels with little luggage, only with what he considers essential.
29. In 2017, he donated 3 million pesos to those affected by the earthquake in Mexico that year.
30. At the age of 22, Checo earned his first podium finish at the Malaysian F1 GP in 2012.
31. At the age of 15, he left Mexico and went to live in Germany to start his Formula 1 dream.
32. He forgot his wallet at his team boss Christian Horner’s house once he was invited to a dinner party.
33. One of his great friends is the Mexican Javier “Chicharito” Hernández.
How many curious facts about Checo Pérez did you know?