The leader of GOT7 has shown his musical talent together with the group, in sub-units, and of course individually. SOMO: FUME was the first album that he released as a solo artist and today we remember him through various curiosities and secrets behind the record material.
After leaving JYP Entertainment, Jay B. signed a contract with H1GHR MUSICa company with which he worked for about a year and with which he was able to launch the album which would mark her debut as a singer soloist.
The name of this record material was WE ARE: SMOKE and is made up of six R&B tracks in its digital version, while the physical edition includes an extra track. The album was released on August 26, 2021 and featured talented artists such as Jay ParkGRAY, Cha Cha Malone, Junny, whein and more.
Do you want to know some interesting details and secrets that you may not have known about SOMO: FUME? we tell you some curiosities about how Jay B’s album was prepped, mishaps before release, and more.
Read more: GOT7: Mark Tuan premieres Far Away teasers, his new MV
SOMO: FUME interesting facts that GOT7’s Jay B revealed to fans
- After the release of the album, Jay B explained that the order of the songs in the tracklist has a special reason, because he considers that each melody is better suited to a moment of the day, so advancing in the melodies is like a tour. through 24 hours.
- Jay B told in an interview that when he started working at FAME feeling against the clock, because he was in a hurry to finish the track and present it to decide if he could join the album, that’s how he called junny and they worked together on writing this tune. For his part, Junny confessed that he was only supposed to be part of the composition and suddenly the member of GOT7 asked him if he wanted to collaborate with him vocally on the melody, so he was honored and grateful for that invitation.
- Within the name of the album SOMO stands for the phrase Style of My Own, representing that the songs would fully show his musical style, the music he wants to do as a solo artist.
- During a live broadcast, Jay B unboxed the album and showed the packaging up close, pointing out that this record material was made in an ecological way.
- GOT7 members told the group’s leader that they thought he would release calm and maybe even sad songs, so they were surprised when SOMO: FUME’s melodies turned out to have a bright vibe that sticks with the tastes of the general public.
Read More: ITZY’s Yuna: Curiosities Before and After Her Debut
- Jay Park was the one who came up with the idea for AM PM to be a collaboration with a female artist, Jay B was looking for a voice that would suit the style of the melody and since he thinks Wheein of MAMAMOO has a very nice vocal tone, invited her to participate in the song.
- The day of the MV shooting there was a heavy rain, that happened specifically when they were going to record the dance shots, so they had to pause the whole plan and wait, they even thought that they would have to suspend the recording for later but fortunately the weather improved .
- The album’s design is inspired by a letter, from the envelope-style cover to the photobook that includes phrases and lines for fans to write on. At the same time, Jay B said that he spent a lot of time writing, not only songs but had even begun to write letters to himself that he would read later, which gave special value to what was reflected in the packaging of this record material.
In more K-Pop news, we tell you who are the idols with the most followers on Instagram.