Photo: Splash News. / Grosby Group
The singer Featherweight has had great success for a couple of months with the corridos lying down, however, has set aside the regional Mexican genre to launch a reggaeton in collaboration with El Alfa.
The new song titled ‘plebada’, yes ok it is far from the Mexican style, it has a tropical mix between reggaeton and dembow that has caused a sensation on all digital platforms.
The theme was released with an official video clip. In the audiovisual material in which Featherweight and El Alfa are seen interacting at a party next to the beach It already has more than 6.1 million views in less than 24 hours.
The meeting with El Alfa is part of one of the several collaborations that ‘Doble P’ has been carrying out in the midst of its indisputable success.
The premiere of ‘Plebada’ on Instagram where a fragment of the official clip was shared caused thousands of users to react of that social network, since the post of the artists already has more than 670 thousand ‘likes’ and about 10 thousand comments.
Among the opinions of Internet users, cross opinions can be read such as: “Am I the only one who liked it?”; “I still don’t understand. Who can like this?”; “Now the dembow is not in fashion, the corridos are in fashion, the alpha should have adapted to that and not the other way around, that’s why that shit * song came out”; “The same track in all the songs”; “Maestro, that song lacked creativity, they should have mixed something in the Featherweight style, the dembow is very simple, the chorus is more or less, the sub choruses are superfluous and a lot of filler”; “Featherweight Can’t Revive Everyone’s Career”; “I love Featherweight and I love El Alfa but this topic has been too weak Look, I didn’t have to innovate much or do anything different either, but they have managed to shit*” and “Featherweight stay singing your corridos.”
– ´The Washington Post’: Featherweight could be the world’s first regional Mexican music star
– “The little pill for the dizziness of fame has not yet been invented”: Alfredo Adame sends a message to Featherweight
– Featherweight showed off his skills as a basketball player alongside a famous coach
– Featherweight breaks the silence on his music: “It is not good for children to listen to this” | VIDEO
– “This guy is going to kill me”: Featherweight trained with UFC fighter Marlon ‘Chito’ Vera