On October 31, 1992, the X-Men animated series debuted on television, which three decades after its launch had great curiosities that we list for you
One of the cartoons most acclaimed in the mythology of Marvel is the one that starred the X Menwhich began transmissions on October 31, 1992.
In that time, The House of Ideas he was not yet a powerhouse in Hollywood, and the rights to various characters were held by various companies.
Also read: Official! Marvel Studios will bring the new season of the animated series X-Men
The producer Margaret Loechwho was part of the Marvel Productions team, persuaded the executives of Fox Kidsa company in which he also collaborated, to produce a series based on the X Mencomic created in 1962 by Stan Lee Y jack kirby.
Learn about some curiosities that surrounded this animated series, which is considered the definitive version of the X Men in any audiovisual medium.
1) Margaret Loech put so much pressure on the executives of Fox Kids to make this series, to such an extent that he put his career in the middle, since his premise was that mutants could represent a gold mine for Marvel.
Also read: The best version of the theme of the X-Men animated series of the 90s that you will hear in your life
two) saban Entertainment, from Haim Saban, was the executive producer of the series. The success he became X Men allowed Saban to present a series concept a couple of years later Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
3) the first episode, Night of the Sentinels, aired on October 31, 1992, but the other episodes of the first season were broadcast between January and March 1993.
4) Although the series was produced in Los Angeles, it was decided to hire a Canadian cast, so as not to pay so much money in taxes.
5) X-Men It was one of the first animated Fox Kids shows that was conceived as a series with its own continuity, something that no other cartoon did.
Also read: The 10 best comics adapted to the X-Men animated series in the 90s
6) Stan Lee intended to narrate the opening of X Menbut in the end the artist Larry Houston convinced The Man that the opening was not narrated, so that the main heroes were introduced, thinking of viewers who did not know the comic.
7) In the series there were some cameos of characters like Black Panther (Who had an affair with Storm) Doctor Strange (In the Dark Phoenix Saga), dead pool (in a fleeting appearance) and even spider-man.
8) The creative team came together and prevented the marketing department from turning the series into something more childish.
9) cedric smith Y Catherine Disherthe voices of Charles Xavier Y Jean Gray, they were married. At the time of recording the first season, the couple was expecting their firstborn. The actors had personalized jackets made for their castmates and for her son, whose sex they did not know, so they personalized it as “Baby X”
10) After this series Marvel produced more cartoons starring spider-man, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Hombre de Hierro and a series with Silver Surferwhich was unlucky with the audience.
eleven) In total, 76 episodes were produced, spread over five seasons.
the mutant legacy
12) From this series came the title X-Men Adventureswhich adapted the first three seasons to comics.
13) Three years after the end of this series came X Men, film directed by Bryan Singer. Before this event, two more animated series were produced, X-Men: Pryde of the X-Men Y X-Men: Evolutionbut these had nothing to do with the series of 92.
Also Read: Did Stan Lee Seek To Control The X-Men Animated Series In 1992?
14) In the series The Gifted we managed to hear the series’ entrance music in a ringtone, in a reference to this animated series.
fifteen) This theme was heard twice more within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the first time within Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, when Charles Xavier is introduced. The second was heard in the season finale of the Ms. Marvel series.
16) September 20 was the final broadcast of this series, which has become a benchmark in Marvel animated series.
Only one team will survive! Who will win the Avengers vs X-Men war?
The world-destroying Phoenix Force is back, and while the Avengers intend to stop it, Cyclops and his X-Men have other plans. For Captain America, Phoenix threatens extinction. For Cyclops, it could mean salvation.
Marvel’s two greatest leaders go to war with the host Phoenix chose, Hope Summers, caught in the middle of it all. How far are both sides willing to go?
SMASH and Marvel Comics Mexico bring you Avengers vs. X Men. Brian Michael Bendis, Jason Aaron, Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction and Jonathan Hickman take you to one of the biggest House of Ideas events in its history
Also being read:
Find out which Game of Thrones actress joins X-Men
Mexican participates in mutant ant project
Hugh Jackman sends a message to Mexicans
Washington DC Could Have an X-Men Related Soccer Team
Michael Fassbender, dedicated to acting