The physical health of the Spanish is an issue that is increasingly questioned. More than half of the population is overweight and almost 40% of this group is affected by morbid obesity. The direct consequence of these current data, where the acceptance of overweight is promoted in those who suffer from it, is that in Spain more patients die each year due to being overweight than those who died from COVID-19 during the harshest and most virulent months of the pandemic.
According to the WHO, Spanish society does not even reach 50% of citizens who exercise frequently, despite the fact that it is advisable to practice it at least 3 times a week. Luckily, in recent years a positive trend has been born that especially invites young people to come to gyms, so it seems that little by little it will be possible to reverse both the situation and the data.
For those who are interested in taking a healthy and continuous sports routine, our recommendation is to first put yourself in the hands of a personal trainer. But first of all, we will talk about what conditions a good professional must meet and what are the benefits of working hand in hand. If we look for a Zaragoza personal trainerAxon Zone professionals are the most recommended option.
1. The characteristics of a good personal trainer
To determine if the personal trainer is the ideal one to carry out our set-up, we must make sure that it meets the following requirements:
- qualification: First of all, the person we are looking for must be able to prove to us that he is a sports professional and is qualified to guide our training. The physical conditions of each person are different and only a good professional will know how to get the most out of each body. Otherwise, adverse consequences could come, such as demotivation, reluctance and, what is worse, muscle or bone injuries.
- Diagnosis: prior to the imposition of a routine, a good professional will analyze our physical conditions and our state of health. Based on the results and goals that we have communicated to you, you will design a specific plan that guarantees the expected result.
- Realistic: We must also appreciate in a good personal trainer who is capable of demanding to the appropriate extent. Correct planning is of no use if later you do not have the ability to measure how far you can demand from us both physically and emotionally. If the planning is correct, but the application is not, it is best to change the trainer.
- no trespassing: not even the best sports professionals should intervene in matters such as the treatment of injuries and illnesses. You should not prescribe any type of medication or give muscle massages in injured areas. That is why it is recommended that the personal trainer work closely with other professionals such as massage therapists and physiotherapists.
2. Benefits of a personal trainer
Now that we have seen the conditions that a good professional must meet, it is time to get closer to the positive aspects of having your help.
The first point in favor is that we will have personalized attention while doing our training. In this way we make sure that we will do the correct exercises at all times and that we are working in the right direction.
Second, personal trainers are often people who motivate us to continue evolvingso that even in our moments of reluctance we will have someone by our side who will not allow us to give up.
Finally (although we could mention many more positive aspects), the organization of the sports routine implies a continuity essential for us to appreciate the results of physical activity.