According to international media, on January 1 in the city of Valledupar, Colombia, the death of a seven-month-old baby was registered because her parents left her locked in the car while they were in the room of a motel.
The tragedy happened while María Camila Mengual Mojica, 19, and Humberto Manuel Olivilla Pineda were, in her words, “reconciling”, for which it occurred to them to leave their little daughter in the car in the hotel parking lot without looking at that by leaving the vehicle on to leave the air conditioning for the baby, they exposed her to the leak of highly toxic gases.
According to the authorities’ report, the death of the minor was due to the inhalation of carbon monoxide. In addition, it is understood that a hotel worker noticed that there was a vehicle with the engine running in room 111 and when he looked out, he saw a woman lying on the floor and the man lying on the bed, while the little girl he was in the back seat of the car without moving.
Of course, the employee immediately notified the authorities and the baby was transferred to a pediatric clinic, where doctors certified her death.
On the other hand, it is important to mention that the couple was also in poor condition, so they were urgently admitted to a hospital, where they underwent a medical evaluation to determine if they were under the influence of any hallucinogenic substance or alcohol, since his arrival at the hospital was in a total state of unconsciousness.
At the moment there is no arrest warrant against the parents of the minor. However, the investigation is ongoing that could lead to criminal proceedings and even a conviction if a judge determines that one or both of the parents were responsible for the death of the baby.