Forests cover almost 1/3 of the land on our planet; which is equivalent to 4,060 million hectares of forests. In other words, forests cover a large amount of the land surface and are distributed throughout the globe, with their different types.
Many people who are lucky enough to live near these beautiful ecosystems enjoy going for a walk among the trees. You might think that you can’t find much in a forest, just vegetation, some bugs, squirrels, and moisture. However, the forests seem to be a magical place full of surprises. You just have to keep your eyes open and when you least expect it, a ship could appear in the middle of the path.
It sounds crazy but this and other even stranger things are hidden among the vegetation, waiting to be discovered by someone curious.
Next we want to show you some of those rare and interesting things that you would not expect to see in a forest but that are there.
1. There is nothing scarier than an abandoned house in the middle of the forest.
2. New forest art form
3. For a moment I thought the tree had come to life
It’s all about sculpture’Homo Algus‘ of the artist Sophie Prestigiacomo and seeks to reflect the constant dialogue of humans with nature through its “swamp creatures”. Is found in the Séné Marshes Nature Reserve in the Gulf of Morbihan in France.
4. Another abandoned house with the two cars of the previous tenants
5. Surprising rock split in half in a Swedish forest
Apparently, Tanjiro Kamado passed by here.
6. An abandoned steam locomotive in the woods
7. And a Jeep J20 in the same condition
Although it looks very well preserved, it could still serve.
8. These human figures made with pieces of wood are the work of the Japanese artist Nagato Iwasaki
They give vibes that the apocalypse just happened.
9. Someone lost this camera 80 years ago in the woods.
10. Here is a Homer Simpson being eaten by nature.
11. Another steam locomotive that got stuck in the trees
12. This 500-year-old tree is known as the milk oak and is found in the sulsey forest
It is known in this way since in the past, people sat in its shade to milk cows.
13. This door in the middle of nowhere is probably the entrance to a magical world.
14. This baby red falcon fell out of the nest.
But don’t worry, they returned him to his nest and he’s safe now.